A new dawn and a new beginning for us all. Having let go of the past, we can now start the year afresh with ‘humility’ as our focus for January.
Begin by knowing who you truly are and accept your strengths with gratitude, your limitations without any judgement, and the world around us all with appreciation. Heart Humility is being honest with yourself and others and then expressing your gratitude and respect for all involved.
Heart Humility can help you walk through this world with confidence and integrity. It does not mean or require timid postures in your interactions with others. True humility does not fade your personality into the background but instead, increases your charisma and effectiveness. Here are some ways to practise humility in your day-to-day life.
Exercise: Practising Humility
- Admit that you don’t have all the answers
- Be receptive and open to feedback from family, friends, and colleagues
- Be generous in listening without judging or interrupting
- Engage with and accept different points of view
- Be willing to admit one’s own imperfections
- Set aside your ego
- Make others feel valued, important, and appreciated